[plug] consolidated supply

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:47:09 WST 2009

I'd second Tim's suggestion. That is basically what i was planning to
have had the telephone gods (aka Telstra) not decide to expand the
exchange I'm on using rims instead of building a new exchange (I hate
to think how overloaded the Canning Vale exchange is... there is a lot
of new development around here) - except our mobiles are with 3 to
give us the free phone calls to each other.

For naked DSL when I (re)did the comparison in April this year iinet
came out as a better deal over Amnet - the quality of service (not
necessarily support!!) on Amnet is better from my experience so I
would have preferred to stay with them but I was going to switch to
iinet because Amnet's naked dsl is no cheaper than their ADSL2+ plans
and the budget line rental from Telstra (now about $21). Plus iinet's
calling rates on naked dsl are better (although I rarely use the
land-line so that wasn't really a factor).

The other advantage of iinet is that it is a telco as well - i.e. they
have been offering telephone services for a while - hence when I
originally looked at this iinet could take your old number over to the
naked dsl service, whereas Amnet could not (this might have changed
now - this was back when naked DSL was first being offered).

That said - if you wanted to go down to 1 bill for all your
telephony/internet needs - i think you're pretty much limited to Optus
or Telstra... both of which I haven't seen to be price competitive
(even with the all-in-one discounts).

Now ... if they would just offer ADSL2+ to rim connections I would be
a happy and better off - paying $50 a month instead of $95 for a
slower Internet connection with way too much downloads and a land-line
I don't need.

Kirk