[plug] Consolidated supply

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 21:41:58 WST 2009

2009/10/31 Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au>:
> Of course. My point was when I did the price comparison earlier this year,
> it appeared the "naked" services still cost about $20/month on top of a
> basic adsl plan. When the Telstra home packages costs about $20/month then I
> get a real exchange backed-up land line plus all the other services I'd have
> on the naked package for about the same cost.

Yes- you are right - I think its strange that the governing bodies
allow it - but Telstra offer the basic service at $21 a month - which
as far as I know is about $6 less than the other telcos pay telstra
for the line rental. iinet's naked adsl rate is only $10 a more than
the equivalent broadband package and then you only pay for calls to
1300, mobile and international (local/std calls are free) -whereas you
pay through the nose (comparitively speaking) for the phone calls on
the basic home telstra package. But you do sign something that says
you wave the rights that are required of a standard phone service with
naked DSL.

Kirk