[plug] Consolidated supply

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Oct 31 19:05:21 WST 2009

Paul wrote:
> That's not just a Telstra advantage though - a lot of the Telco's
> (meaning the Telstra resellers) will offer the same thing.

I guess so, but in the end it's still the Telstra network with telstra copper and telstra back end
service.

> It's a feature of having a normal ("old style") phone connected to a
> landline which is connected to Telstra equipment in the local exchange
> (i.e. something beyond the MDF). It means that the line, and hence the
> phone, is powered from the exchange.

Yes. Sorry, when I left the country Telstra resellers did not exist for land lines. I assume now you
mean I can go to an "alternate" telco who simply invoices me in their name and passes most of the $
on to telstra in the form of rental.

> Naked DSL type services don't offer this of course.

Of course. My point was when I did the price comparison earlier this year, it appeared the "naked"
services still cost about $20/month on top of a basic adsl plan. When the Telstra home packages
costs about $20/month then I get a real exchange backed-up land line plus all the other services I'd
have on the naked package for about the same cost.

Horses for courses I guess.

--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them