[plug] OT: Pool of IPs for testing load-balanced connections

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Thu Sep 3 13:29:05 WST 2009

Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> Friends static ip's. Friends servers hosted somewhere?
>>

> ...these are good suggestions.  They don't involve abusing a random third
> party for your own services.
>
> [...]
I should point out at this stage that these facilities are used to
support the Incident Management Team at Level 2/3 emergencies. Having
the Internet drop out in the middle of a fire because Adon rebooted his
home router doesn't sound like an ideal scenario to me.

Adrian