[plug] OT: Pool of IPs for testing load-balanced connections

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:39:08 WST 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Adrian Woodley<Adrian at diskworld.com.au> wrote:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
> We're already using OLSR for internal networking. However, OLSR doesn't like
> having being a gateway router and an access router on the same device, and
> the cost for purchasing two routers per comms facility to full the separate
> roles is prohibitive.
>
> Lastly, Link-State doesn't work when you're connecting through an actual
> gateway device (ie NextG or Satellite modem). And finding gateway devices
> which support something like OLSR (or even OSPF) is both difficult and
> expensive.
>
> The design I currently have works, I just need some IPs to test against.

You could buy some VPSes in various countries? Sure, it'd be stupidly
expensive for an ICMP response occasionally, but we are talking about
the government... :)

Alternatively, find some big universities and email their computer
science faculties for permission, if you would feel bad using them
without it.

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting