[plug] OT: Pool of IPs for testing load-balanced connections

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Sep 3 14:48:38 WST 2009

Adrian Woodley <Adrian at Diskworld.com.au> writes:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
> We're already using OLSR for internal networking. However, OLSR doesn't like
> having being a gateway router and an access router on the same device, and
> the cost for purchasing two routers per comms facility to full the separate
> roles is prohibitive.

*nod*  I can't say I blame you there.

[...]

> The design I currently have works, I just need some IPs to test against.

Well, it is obviously your call.  The best bet is still, in my opinion, the
IPs of your own network services — at least, those outside the mesh.

I just *very* strongly suggest that if you actually want a reliable system you
avoid things like abusing random third parties as part of your
infrastructure. :)

Regards,
        Daniel
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.