[plug] Re: system time borking

gavin chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:41:07 WST 2009

Bit more info on this issue:
It's not cmos battery or time servers behind my issue, it seems. I
looked at my boot.msg and saw that the hardware clock is keeping
correct time at boot, eg:

(Boot logging started on /dev/tty1(/dev/console) at Mon Sep  7 08:38:42 2009)

but the desktop (system?) time is the one way off and random by
comparison. In the case above the desktop clock was out by about
3weeks compared the the current time given in boot.msg. I'm a bit hazy
on system time versus hardware time, and wonder why they've decided to
go and do their own thing, with only one of them being correct.

Gavin.