[plug] Dspam header test

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Sep 7 19:53:33 WST 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Daniel J. Axtens wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:12:03 +0800
> From: Daniel J. Axtens <danielax at gmail.com>
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Dspam header test
>
>> From memory, people on gmail.com were getting their headers mucked up (IIRC!).
>
> Being a gmail person, are my headers alright?
>
> Daniel
>
> 2009/9/7 Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>:
>> On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Tim wrote:
>>

>>> Can those who had problems with dspam headers in emails please have a
>>> look at how this email arrives and see if it's still happening. If it
>>> is, please let me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>

>> Hello.
>>
>> The only messages that I remember having a problem with, were the messages
>> from Bernd Felsche and Senectus.
>>
>> I don't know whether their domain names or ISP's were subject to
>> blacklisting by agencies accessed by dspam , or, whether dspam picked up
>> some string(s) in those two messages, that made the messages appear to be
>> spam, to dspam, but perhaps, if those two subscribers could re-post the
>> messages that they sent, of which I complained, the problem would be able to
>> be reassessed, in close to identical circumstances.
>>
>> --
>> Bret Busby
>> Armadale
>> West Australia
>>
>> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>>  you'll know what the answer means."
>> - Deep Thought,
>>  Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
>>  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
>>  A Trilogy In Four Parts",
>>  written by Douglas Adams,
>>  published by Pan Books, 1992

The header looks okay to me.

Included it above, for comparison with the two previous problem headers.

The only weird thing of which I am aware, with Daniel's message above,
is the insertion of the character at the start of each of the lines
shown in my signature.

Not a significant problem; just an observation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale