[plug] GSLUG & acronyms

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Sep 9 21:15:03 WST 2009

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 01:51:56 pm Steve Boak wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:34:45 am Leon Brooks wrote:
>> Great Southern LUG, covering Albany, Denmark, Mt
>> Ba[r]ker, Walpole, Narrikup, Tenterden, Porongorup,
>> Elleker, Torbay...

> + Nannup, and I know of users in Greenbushes, Augusta
> and Kojunup.

Not to mention Katanning, Wagin, Brookton, Esperance,
Kalgoorlie, Meekatharra, Geraldton, Dampier/Karratha,
Port/South Hedland, Tom Price, Paraburdoo, Pannawonica,
Mt Newman, Broome, Derby, Wyndham (I know one school
there which uses a Linux server), Kununurra, Bremer
Bay, Margaret River, Busselton, Dunsborough, Pemberton,
Manjimup, Beverley...

Was driven through/past Williams, Arthur River, Beaufort,
Kojonup, Cranbrook today...

Acronym time...

How about LUCCIWA for Linux Users Country Community In WA?

POSUPER for Penguin/Open Source User Programme,
Esperance-Roebourne?

Yes, all right, that was a bit stretched... the idea is to
use your imagination, to come up with some cunning acronym
which will fairly represent Linux people in country WA.

Have a go!

Cheers; Leon