[plug] Proposal to discuss before Tuesday talk: GSLUG

Peter demo9 at gswd.com
Thu Sep 17 23:17:08 WST 2009

Leon Brooks wrote:
> Great Southern LUG, covering Albany, Denmark, Mt Baker,
> Walpole, Narrikup, Tenterden, Porongorup, Elleker,
> Torbay...
>
> I know of self, Kev, Walter & a few others living here
> who see a crying need for Linux support down here.
>
> I know of (haven't met any personally) 3 Linux-
> knowledgable techs who have left the area within the
> last year, plus half a dozen others who idly use Linux
> for personal stuff.
>
> Cheers; Leon

Don't forget about Katanning!   :)

I haven't been active on this list much ..... haven't even been lurking
much lately: too busy with my new business, however (prepare for a
shameless plug (pun intended)), I run Great Southern Computer Services
(http://gscomputers.com.au) out of katanning and currently around 25% of
my customers use Linux...in one form or another or are in the process of
being converted ;-)

My aim is to build an (almost) "Linux Only" support business in the
Great Southern in the coming years...   Currently support Windooz (to
pay the bills) but it's looking good for an all Linux job down the track
a bit.    ;-)

Count me in if a "GSLUG" or whatever it gets called is a goer.

Peter