[plug] Proposal to discuss before Tuesday talk: GSLUG

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Sep 18 13:04:03 WST 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:17:08 pm Peter wrote:
> My aim is to build an (almost) "Linux Only" support
> business in the Great Southern in the coming years...

I've chatted with a few IT people here in Albany, & it
seems that while there was at one time 3 official Linux
dudes here, they've all left (none, AFAIK, PLUG members),
the final one last year.

> Currently support Windooz (to pay the bills) but it's
> looking good for an all Linux job down the track a bit.

Currently MS-Windows 2008 plus Virtualisation is the
trendy thing to do in Albany, so if you want to infect
the _Lower_ Great Southern (Plant-a-gannet/Plantagenet &
points south) with your rebellious enthusiasm, I'd be
well pleased. (-:

"Xen & the Art of Processor Cycle Maintenance?"

    http://www.xen.org/

    http://ftp.ii.net/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/iso/2009.1/

Cheers; Leon