[plug] Opensuse + ubuntu +telstra Next g troubles

doodli doodli at tadaust.org.au
Fri Aug 13 14:57:53 WST 2010

Have purchased one of the Telstra Nextg Wireless Broadband modems that
is currently on special at the Post Office for $29 when purchased with a
$100 recharge. It is a Sierra Usb301 . Both Ubuntu and Opensuse 11.3
find and I can get on the net. (so does windows xp but who cares).  Now
the problem is that it will not work if a network card is active. So no
net sharing across the lan, not good. Wife very irrated, me I;m just
astounded, why you ask? Cause telstra rep told me that is right , "you
can not share it accross the home network".
Surely they are joking? There must be some way?
Anyone with a bright ideas??