[plug] WD-EARS 2TB drives and linux?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:42:41 WST 2010

On 26 August 2010 19:05, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> It really makes that much difference?  I bow to your real-world experience,
> since I avoided the disks for other reasons, and now have two causes to be
> glad of that. :)

I read about the issues before buying and requested the non-green ones
(which were in the catalogue), but found that my supplier could no
longer get them at the time, so I bit the bullet...

Looking back over my notes, looks like it was only 30-35% less time,
not 50%. But still, quite significant.

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.