[plug] cannot send mail to certain domains

Jon L Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Feb 3 13:43:02 WST 2010

Hi Peter,
Yes, I have an in-house mail server with a private IP.
Yes I also had 2 NS servers that had public IP and they are now turned off.
So I moved my clients and my DNS information off-site to MelbourneIT (MIT).
The mail server was configured to use the local DNS servers, once they (NS)
were turned off; the mail server was configured to use the off-site NS
(MIT).
>From the server I can ping both the local IP and the external IP (Cisco
router external interface). The Cisco is set to NAT inside traffic to the
external IP and all traffic that is bound for the external IP is NAT back to
the inside server(s) soon to be 1.

All the DNS information A and MX pointer are handled by MIT; Amnet handles
the rDNS information.
The internal servers are configured (resolv.conf) to look to Telstra and
Amnet.  Reason, when a friend of mine and myself did a comparison we found
that the MIT servers resolves hotmail.com as something completely different
than what Telstra and Amnet did.  Therefore I decided to use Telstra as the
primary and Amnet as a secondary NS.

Currently the only incoming mail is from plug... gotta like it.

Jon