[plug] Re: What would encourage membership of PLUG?

Kevin Shackleton kevins at reachnet.com.au
Thu Feb 18 18:44:13 WST 2010

Here's a few thoughts on "what" . .

 - What funds could PLUG raise from membership? (spoken as a back-woods
non-attendee  . .)
 - are there activities "what" might raise funds such as a roster /
working bees to rescue roadside (or skip behind RPH . .) PCs i.e.
hardware  check & install Ubuntu / Mint for a nominal fee ($20?)
 - what could those funds do, other than buy a few pizzas at Perth
meetings?
 - what if PLUG as a prime representative of open systems was to promote
through participation some projects e.g. already suggested open mapping,
wide-area SIG wifi, whatever (there must be plenty of ideas in the
group) which might absorb some of PLUG funds.

Kevin.