[plug] Ubuntu desktop with Active Directory logins [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Jan 4 12:59:54 WST 2010

    0n Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 12:47:42PM +0800, Shanon Loughton wrote:

    >Hi ppl
    >
    >This may have been asked before, but I want to config this single
    >Ubuntu desktop with the company AD logins. We use M$ Server 2008 SBS.
    >
    >I got through most of this howto using Winbind:
    >https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto
    >
    >but am stuck here:
    >sudo net -d 2 ads join -S servername -U <username>%<password>

Try:

   #net rpc join -S ad_domain_server_name -U priveleged_ad_account

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.