[plug] Ubuntu desktop with Active Directory logins [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Jan 4 14:36:12 WST 2010

    0n Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 02:13:08PM +0800, Shanon Loughton wrote:

    >I think so, because I can kinit ok:
    >
    >$ kinit
    >Password for username at COMPANYNAME.LOCAL:
    >
    >$ klist
    >Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
    >Default principal: username at COMPANYNAME.LOCAL
    >
    >Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
    >01/04/10 14:11:43  01/05/10 00:11:46  krbtgt/COMPANYNAME.LOCAL at COMPANYNAME.LOCAL
    >	renew until 01/05/10 14:11:43

OK these are the steps (in order) that always works for me:

1. Samba Config (do not start samba yet)
2. PAM config
3. NSS config
4. Reboot (for peace of mind - not really necssary)
5. Join the AD domain and Test

Have you added the neccesary stuff to smb.conf ?

Also try run winbindd in the foreground in a terminal e.g #winbindd -i -d 5

 -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.