[plug] Where's menu.list gone?

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Wed Jan 6 15:56:50 WST 2010

G'day all, and happy hew year too.  I've just installed Ubuntu Netbook
Remix (Karmic (9.10)) into my Eee and I can't find menu.list so that I
can edit the Grub menu.  If I try to execute grub in a console I get
this message;  "The program 'grub' is currently not installed.  You can
install it by typing:", yet at boot time Grub reports itself as being
v1.97~beta4.

Any help will be eternally (well, for quite a long time at least)
appreciated.

Tia

Kev

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kdownes at oceanbroadband.net  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.