[plug] /var/cache/apt/archives/?

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Wed Jan 6 20:23:05 WST 2010

Greetings once again,

If I take a copy of the contents of /var/cache/apt/archives/ and copy it
into the same place in a fresh installation of the same OS, how do go
about getting my package manager to see the files so copied and use them
instead of downloading them afresh?  I've tried an apt-get update, but
that didn't seem to do it.

Tia
Kev Downes

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kdownes at oceanbroadband.net  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.