[plug] virtualization remote access

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:35:44 WST 2010

Virtualbox has this functionality built in. You enable the RDP (Remote
Desktop Protocol) server in Virtualbox. It's under the Display tab in
the virtual machine settings, as "Remote Desktop". Null authentication
is probably fine for a LAN as long as the machine isn't visible from
the internet (i.e. firewall/router inbetween).
Then in windows, you use tsclient (Terminal Services Client) or the
Remote Desktop client that comes with windows, chuck in the ip address
and bingo, you are at the windows machine!

Tim

2010/1/12 WolfBite <wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com>

> Thanks for the response, but looks like I didnt explain myself correctly
>
> I'm currently running the virtualbox binary with working usb no problems :)
>
> deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian karmic non-free
>
> I'll give a scenario
> room a, running box a, running virtualbox linux& windows (this works successfully)
> room b, wifes crappy laptop, want comp a to do all the work, comp b does display and input.
> whats the easiest way so wife can use comp b, to access comp a virtual windows
>
> not sure if I should be checking (or whats better)  thin client, nx, vnc, etc
> and is FAST (using over local lan only)
>
> Thanks

Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia