[plug] Print Servers

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Mon Jan 18 10:57:43 WST 2010

Hi,

This may be of interest:

http://www.incentivespro.com/usb-server.html

 From the site:

"This new unique software product allows sharing any USB device for
using it over local network or Internet. To share USB device plugged
into computer with Linux OS, you just need to install USB Server product
into your system. Your system must have kernel v2.6.15 and higher. USB
Server also requires the support of UDEV subsystem."

I am currently attempting to get this to work with a USB server device
that I have, but it's software was only for windows.
My goal is to get my MFP connected to the USB device, and use it over my
network, as if connected directly to my pc (as the software claims it
can do that)

Another solution (if the software actually works as it claims), is to
use the sheevaPlug mentioned in another post as the usb device server
with this software's server component installed.

-Lucas