[plug] DNS Backup NS's

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:42:00 WST 2010

I'm wondering how many people are running VPS's or servers and only
have one or two, and would like to join with other like users and run
backup nameservers for each other?

I currently only have one server that is suitable for running a
nameserver, which leaves no redundancy for the domains I host on it
(in terms of NS redundancy). I kinda envision a system where a number
of us can run slave name servers for each other. I'm not 100% sure how
it would be best to load balance across the network, or ensure we
don't all have to update ip address when someone changes their
nameserver.

Just looking for input and ideas. And of course, prefer it to be linux
server and name servers. I'm using BIND9.

Tim
(fingers crossed the mailing list works fine finally)

--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia