[plug] Linux tablets.

Michael Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:29:32 WST 2010

On 15 July 2010 22:38, Peter <demo9 at gswd.com> wrote:

> BTW, good to see at least one other very wise N900 owner on the list
> (besides myself of course)....

We doing a head count? +1 Can't really compare it to an iPad though.
I have to say the iPad web browser is amazingly good for an ARM-powered
device.  Feels faster than the N900. Not good enough to counter the
pervasive evil that forbids you running apps that Steve has not approved,
like firefox or Flash, or VoIP :-)
Given the ipad's apparent success, we should see plenty of Linux-capable
tablets coming soon.
But what Linux? The Nokia and Intel collaboration on Meego looks promising.