[plug] Webmail

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Jul 20 18:39:37 WST 2010

G'day all.

I don't want to start a religious war here, but I'd like some advice.

I've never set up or run a webmail system before, but I kinda need to now.

I have a co-located server. It runs Debian stable. It runs mail for about 6 domains and it really
only serves about 4 users. (Exim4 virtual hosting). I run qpopper for pop3 access, and all clients
access the mail over an openvpn tunnel. The only ports open to the world are 22, 53 & 80. It's
firewalled very tightly.

I've had some issues of late that have made me wish I had the ability to access the mail using a web
client. I guess I have to transition to imap to make this work, and I'm not adverse to doing that.

I don't want standard web access, it must be https only.

SquirrelMail is the first one that comes to mind, but I really have _no_ idea. I'm open to any
suggestions.

All suggestions will be thoroughly beaten in a VM prior to a decision being made.

I thought about just having the mail server copy all E-mails to a GMail account, but there are
privacy issues associated with that I can't compromise.

Ta :)
Brad