[plug] Webmail

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Wed Jul 21 08:35:00 WST 2010

On 21 July 2010 08:23, Michael Holland <michael.holland at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 July 2010 18:39, Brad Campbell <brad at fnarfbargle.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought about just having the mail server copy all E-mails to a GMail
>> account, but there are privacy issues associated with that I can't
>> compromise.
>>

> How is gmail going to compromise privacy any more than a co-located server?
> Are you worried about Google being served with a court order to turn over
> the content? Or US gov't warrantless spying?
>
> Gmail (or google apps) can be forced to HTTPS-only, and has a much better
> web interface than anything you can run yourself.
>
> Mike

I run solely on Google Apps Premium for AssureTek and Google Apps standard
for my middleton.id.au. I love it. I didn't mention it because I get sick of
the inevitable question about security.

The premium edition offers very cool syncing (mail, calendar  and contacts)
options for outlook, iThingies, and most smart phones. All over SSL and TLS.
I'm even starting to use Docs a little bit. I use a push email with its
built in scheduler. The percentage of emails I reply to via phone is
increasing.