[plug] Error in Time() command

Dion Curchin tenzero at iinet.net.au
Mon May 24 11:26:59 WST 2010

On 24/05/2010, at 9:07 AM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:

> The reason why its hard to find is its a "how long is a piece of string"
> question.
Indeed, thats the impression I was getting last night from my reading.

> check "man time" and "man times" for some of the reasons.  Basicly there
> are so many outside variables - even what shell you are running under -
> that it will only ever be approximate.
Sure, but I think you're more leaning toward how reproducible a result is and
how accurate the result is.
I guess I was more concerned with how much I could trust a reported
variation of 1ms in repeated results.

I've already explained this a bit more in my other reply to Daniel.

> You could also ask experts like Nvidia and ATI on how to get the figures
> you want ... :)
Unfortunately I'm being assessed on engineering not creative writing. ;-)

Cheers.
D.