[plug] new wireless AP

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Thu Nov 25 22:02:32 WST 2010

Ha ha. Not running DDWRT is the point of IOS ;)

That said, the 877W is Wireless-G, the base model comes with 12.4 whereas 15.x (which requires extra RAM and a SmartNet contract) has some really funky stuff, the 877 only handles 2 VLANs (1 using 857W), and iptables is a little more flexible (1-to-1 NAT requires a loopback interfaces for each instance - whereas iptables is four lines each :P )

CraigF