[plug] Recording of events - was Re: Talk, 12th October

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:36:37 WST 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Simon Newton <lists at nomis52.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Kevin Shackleton <kevins at reachnet.com.au> wrote:
>> I'd also be into paying a modest fee, either annual or for particular
>> events that were thought worth putting onto disc.
>

> I can provide a camera. Does anyone know if the futuresphere can
> provide an audio feed?

Probably not, but we don't generally have the speaker mic'ed up anyway
(the room isn't huge). What we can do is provide a wireless mic for
the speaker which can connect directly to your camera. We've also got
a variety of cameras PLUG can borrow, but bring your own if you
prefer.

We've done this in the past, and the main issue has been someone to
get the damn things transcoded and up on the website. If someone wants
to volunteer to handle that side on an ongoing basis I could even give
them a heap of older videos we've recorded in the past.

Cheers,

Patrick