[plug] Recording of events - was Re: Talk, 12th October

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 13:02:51 WST 2010

On 9 October 2010 14:36, Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Simon Newton <lists at nomis52.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Kevin Shackleton <kevins at reachnet.com.au> wrote:
>>> I'd also be into paying a modest fee, either annual or for particular
>>> events that were thought worth putting onto disc.
>>

>> I can provide a camera. Does anyone know if the futuresphere can
>> provide an audio feed?
>
> Probably not, but we don't generally have the speaker mic'ed up anyway
> (the room isn't huge). What we can do is provide a wireless mic for
> the speaker which can connect directly to your camera. We've also got
> a variety of cameras PLUG can borrow, but bring your own if you
> prefer.
>
> We've done this in the past, and the main issue has been someone to
> get the damn things transcoded and up on the website. If someone wants
> to volunteer to handle that side on an ongoing basis I could even give
> them a heap of older videos we've recorded in the past.

If it's all in digital (and not DV tape), then it shouldn't be hard
for most people to run a quick and dirty transcode script over it and
then upload. I would volunteer, except then you need to find a way to
get the high quality stuff to me. I can however assist whomever is
doing the encoding in working out what kind of paramaters to pass to
mencoder or Handbrake.

Tim

--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia