[plug] Talk, 12th October

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Oct 15 17:02:06 WST 2010

 On 15/10/2010 16:43, Tim wrote:
> I notice you have a GuruPlug in your slides.
> Have you found a supplier in Australia or did you get it imported?
> What's it like working on them?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
Hi Tim et al.

I contacted globalscaletechnologies direct on Wednesday; they are
selling a UK, US and Euro version from their site, with just the socket
adaptor face plate changing for each region to get the pins to line up,
so I asked if they had an Australian one. Sadly, no reply yet. But as
Simon had on Tuesday at the meeting, the US one also ships with an IEC
C7/C8 adaptor ("figure-8";
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector#C7_and_C8_connectors). Having
said that, the picture of the face plates on the Global Scale site look
similar to a Blackberry's mobile charger face plate...... hmmm.... ;)

  JEB

--
*James Bromberger*
Aus Mobile: +61 422 166 708