[plug] NEPOMUK - can somebody explain in plain english?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 18 08:13:45 WST 2010

Hi Everyone

I have been having trouble with virtuoso-t and stringi gobbling up huge
amounts of my CPU time (on Debian KDE), so I have turned them off for the
moment. Then I decided I should fine out what the NEPOMUK system is that these
programs seem to be part of.

I have never in my life seen such a totally incomprehensible website as this:
http://nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main1/
and this isn't much better:
http://nepomuk.kde.org/

About all I can figure out is that it is a document or 'information' indexing
system, but how do I access it's results, how do I use it?

Confused...

Steve

--
Steve Boak, (08) 9756 0662, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Engin VOIP number (08) 6461 6187 (local number in Perth)