[plug] NEPOMUK - can somebody explain in plain english?

Marcos Raúl Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:26:58 WST 2010

Hi!

Nepomuk is being slowly integrated in different KDE software.

For example if you search in dolphin for a file, or in digiKam for a
tag, you are using Nepomuk.

I understand that the next version of PIM will be using it too.

It tends to take a lot of CPU the first time it runs, although there
are also some bugs, specially when updating a nepomuk database from an
older version, in which case it is recommended to delete the old
database and let it rebuild it from scratch.

I am not expert, but I been researching because I used to have the
same issues an was curious about it :)

Cheers!

Marcos