[plug] mythtv capture card recommendation

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:23:06 WST 2010

On 3 September 2010 08:28, Jeremy Kerr <jk at ozlabs.org> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> I'd suggest one of these:
> http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/products/HDTVDVB-TDualDigital4.aspx
> Should be well-supported in Linux. I'm not sure about availability, but
> this may help:
> http://staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=fusion+Dual+Digital&spos=1

Thanks Jeremy; yourself and a brief mention from a friend have given
me something to start with. If you're willing, would mind giving an
opinion on these options?

Leadtek DTV1000S (alt: http://ple.com.au/?p=snapshot&inventory_id=1312)
Leadtek DTV2000DS (alt: http://ple.com.au/?p=snapshot&inventory_id=1313)
Leadtek DTV2000H+
Dvico Fusion DVB-T Dual 4 (your recommendation)
Plus the Compro range from PLE, but I'm less concerned with those
since I've had no recommendations.

The listed prices are 34, 64, 62, 129 respectively, plus Compro ones
from PLE 55, 79, 99, 129. That's quite a range, so I guess I'm
wondering what I'd be getting for the extra cash. Any thoughts? I
recognise that I can't research this all properly because I want
something working quickly, but I'll poke and prod a little bit.

Cheers,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange