[plug] mythtv capture card recommendation

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 3 10:58:54 WST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 10:35 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> > Thanks Jeremy; yourself and a brief mention from a friend have given
> > me something to start with. If you're willing, would mind giving an
> > opinion on these options?
> >
> > Leadtek DTV1000S (alt: http://ple.com.au/?p=snapshot&inventory_id=1312)
> > Leadtek DTV2000DS (alt: http://ple.com.au/?p=snapshot&inventory_id=1313)
> > Leadtek DTV2000H+
> > Dvico Fusion DVB-T Dual 4 (your recommendation)
> > Plus the Compro range from PLE, but I'm less concerned with those
> > since I've had no recommendations.
>
> I have two of the Leadtek DTV1000T in a backend, and they're working
> great. However, it looks like they 1000S has a different chipset, so
> that probably doesn't help.
>
> It appears that the only winfast cards in the stock Lucid kernel are the
> cx88 based ones, but the DTV1000S, DTV2000DS and DTV2000H+ all have
> other chipsets. If you can find a DTV2000H or DTV2000H rev J, they
> should work.
>
> However, I've only had a brief browse through the kernel, I may be wrong
> about the non-working ones. This may also help:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards#Leadtek
>
> Not sure about the Compro ones, can you find any of these:?
>
>    "Compro VideoMate TV",
>    "Compro VideoMate TV Gold+",
>    "Compro VideoMate TV PVR/FM",
>    "Compro VideoMate Gold+ Pal",
>    "Compro VideoMate TV Gold+II",
>    "Compro Videomate DVB-T300",
>    "Compro Videomate DVB-T200",
>    "Compro Videomate DVB-T200A",
>    "Compro VideoMate T750",
>    "Compro VideoMate S350/S300",
>

> Cheers,
>

> Jeremy

I have a Compro T750 - DVB doesnt work and seems unlikely to be
supported, though V4L analog does work - pity this is a nice card
otherwise.

I have 3 Compro U300 - doesnt work, it is supposed to work with an OS
project driver (cant remember who), but my last communication with the
author ended up with him saying it didnt because he had to still get to
it.  There are google results for both in kernel and this project saying
they work :(

I do need time to have another go at getting them to go.

BillK