[plug] Firefox migration

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Sep 4 16:38:55 WST 2010

Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> writes:

> I decided to change distros and am setting up things as I tend to like
> them...  One problem being "The Fox" (Ta Dum!) how do I get my personal
> bookmarks I've accumulated over lo, these many years over to the new
> version, WITHOUT taking them all, and indelibly stamping the new Firefox as
> being like the old one?

Simple: export them as an HTML file on the old machine, then open it by hand
on the new Firefox and bookmark the links you want.

> Let's assume the old one had all sorts of bookmarks pointing to its own
> site.

Theoretically you could also manually, or automatically, prune the list by
hand before importing it on the new system.

Alternately, you could import everything, then hand-manage the list on the new
system, or even clean it on the old system and then migrate the settings.

        Daniel