[plug] Tiled window managers

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 20:42:31 WST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Brad Campbell <brad at fnarfbargle.com> wrote:
> Which is precisely the issue. Gnome sees a single screen of 3840x1200. It
> has some basic intelligence with regard to being able to place a panel on
> each screen, but the workspace is global to both screens so if I have
> Firefox on the left of workspace 1 and Thunderbird on the right of Workspace
> 2,I can't have them both up at the same time.

Where I work we have workstations that have the setup you desire,
running gnome.  They have nvidia dual head cards, and they get
configured using the nvidia-settings program.  The trick here is to
disable xinerama, and the two monitors then appear as two separate X
screens, :0.0 and :0.1.  They get their own panels and are
independently switchable between desktops.

--
Virus found in this message.