[plug] Intro and training/contractor questions for Linux Embedded Deve

damien at bigaxesolutions.com damien at bigaxesolutions.com
Thu Apr 21 09:05:59 WST 2011

Hi Adrian,

thanks for the recommendation, I looked at wrt website and it seems to
support various standard hardware devices that are out there (mainly
routers), but it does not seem to be able to solve all the issues in
integrating Linux into a newly developed custom hardware platform that
provides a lot more varied functionality that a off the self router?

For example installing DirectFB into the file system (a current
blocking factor) or direct I/O access on a custom platform does not
seem like items that wrt would be able to simply fix?

At this point we are trying to find some options for either training
or consulting to help solve our knowledge gap of basic low level
functionality installation into a custom hardware base..

Damien