[plug] 2014 Dry run Bid for LCA in Western Australia

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Dec 16 08:59:06 WST 2011

On 16/12/2011 8:39 AM, Craig Inches wrote:
> Michael Van Delft <michael at hybr.id.au> wrote:
>
>> I’d be more than happy to help out a bit. If (you are/someone is)
>> happy to delegate jobs I’ll do them. I’d love to see LCA in Perth.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Luke John <luke.john at osmahi.com>
>> wrote:
>>> At the last few events there has been some discussion about
>>> potentially hosting LCA in Perth once more.
>>>
>>> Who's interested in getting involved and making this happen?
>>>
> I'm in :) I would love to see the con over here. What's the proccess / requirements for a bid?

Here's some reading:
http://oldwiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/LCA_HOWTO

There's a bunch of us still around form the 2003 conference who would
probably all be happy to pass some knowledge. Its a huge undertaking,
and is likely to be a multi year project - like 2 - 3 years.

Have a read up on the process above, and start to work out who wants to
own which pieces of work. You need to get about 4 core organisers, and a
body of probably another 10 to help do work on it. There is an (older)
mailing list on PLUG for this topic - userconf - so perhaps subscribe
there and post a message to revive the sleepers on there.

  James

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>