[plug] MythTV project

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:43:02 WST 2011

Thanks for all the advice.  WAF is a big factor here, so I'd like to
get it right before I roll it out.

It looks like I'll go with a Micro ATX motherboard for the PCI slots.
I'd like to run a separate back end system, but at the moment that's
not practical.  I've got nowhere out of the way to run a 24/7 noisy
backend system as I had to give up my study a while back for a kids
bedroom, and won't get one back till we move.  I have an old AMD-64
dual core system lying around with a dead motherboard that would make
an excellent back end if I could find a new motherboard for it.  If I
could find a Micro ATX motherboard that would still take it, I'd
consider it as as a front end, but I suspect it would be a bit noisy
with the cooling it would need.

Interesting with the xbmc option Lucas.  What are the advantages of
that over using the MythTV front end with MythVideo/Music plugins?