[plug] What language to learn?

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 22:04:00 WST 2011

Hi there!

I would like to learn a programming language that is both widely used in FOSS
and is also in good demand in the job market.

What is in high demand these days other than .Net?

Which are the latest trends in FOSS? I know that most big projects use C, but
I wonder if it is in good demand in the job market.

Longgggggggg ago I learnt Basic, Logo, QuickBasic (all at a med level) and
more recently PHP (+html,css) and have a low to mid knowledge of MySQL and
MSSQL.

I need some recommendations and it would also be great if there is also some
place to study them in Perth (other than self-learning).

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Marcos