[plug] phone synchronisation

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Tue Jan 4 22:11:27 WST 2011

On 4 January 2011 17:16, Fred Janon <fjanon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I feel sorry for all the people who went to that "unconference". I went last year, left after 30 mins and heard from someone else that he did the same thing this year. It's more like a "get me really confused now" conference than anything else. Ah, buzzwords and hype...

It didn't feel like a waste of time, but I haven't benefited greatly from it.

> It's quite simple to buy an Android phone (Telstra sells some, hundreds out there, which doesn't make it easier to pick one), get a Gmail account and sync them over 3G or WiFi. No need to think about the 'cloud'. Google services are just a big powerful service over the 'innernet'.

Well, since I've no idea what I'm getting myself into, I'll probably
pick one off Telstra's lists for simplicity, and perhaps use the same
one as my boss, who is pretty keen on them.

Thank you everyone, that gives me something to go on with. Hopefully
costs will be low enough that the company will just upgrade my old
phone no questions asked. Being the person who looks after the phones
makes this a little more likely :P