[plug] phone synchronisation

Michael Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:47:02 WST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM,  <home at oranges.id.au> wrote:
>  some sort of handheld device and synchronising it with some computer. I am
> a phone luddite, so I'm looking for ideas.

Hello Greg and welcome to 1998.  The PalmPilot is well supported in
Linux and will easily sync to your favourite calendar/contacts.
They are also just about free on ebay. I suggest a model with USB.

If you want to sync with the google cloud, you do not need an Android
phone. A cheap & small Nokia may work just as well, preferably a
Symbian one.

I wish my Linux phone (N900) worked so well.  Would love to sync it
with google calendar/contacts, but either it fails, or I soon end up
with lots of duplicates.

Lots of phones will sync to PC over 3G or bluetooth using SyncML.
Anybody had much luck in Linux?