[plug] Excellent Linux driver for cheap Logitech USB VOIP Speakerphone

Stuart Edgar stuart at male-edgar.org
Tue Jul 12 12:57:47 WST 2011

Bret, The unit in concept is like those polycom ones many of us use at work
for teleconferences, so it allows a number of people to speak/listen on a
call. I have used it successfully to do a group to group skype call as the
mike is good enough to pick up voices from 2m away or so, and the speakers
have the volume to fill a medium sized room.
I have found the integrated webcam's microphones I have used to be pretty
poor, as are laptop integrated microphones.
Another reason to buy - it is a gadget that is fun to play with and to get a
linux driver working for. :-)
Stu