[plug] PLUG News Round-up

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Tue Jul 26 12:22:55 WST 2011

On 26 July 2011 10:54, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> Membership
> We're at 68 financial members now, up from 22 in January this year. We have
> some 344 people on the PLUG mailing list so still some way to go to convince
> everyone to join up, but definitely much more healthy than where we were.
> The current committee is now half way through it's term, so we'd welcome
> feedback from anyone on how we're doing, as well as volunteers to help out!

Okay, here's some feedback: You're doing great.
I've just had some interaction with another Australian LUG-type group
who will remain nameless to protect the innocent (: They're busy navel
gazing[1] and "why aren't we achieving x". You guys are achieving it -
after an appropriately brief and effective period of navel gazing.
Thank you for your efforts; I as an armchair (well, office chair)
member appreciate it.

Peace,
Greg.

[1] Yikes, some people call it Omphaloskepsis. wisegeek.com doesn't tho.

--
Gregory Orange