[plug] Members login area on the PLUG web site

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Jun 2 16:55:12 WST 2011

Hello all,

After our transition to the Drupal-powered PLUG web site earlier this
year, we were left with the "members" section running on the host
"/Shameless/", which has been a little unreliable with its connectivity.
I'm pleased to announce that this has now been moved to our web host,
Pot, and you can update your preferences and settings for PLUG services at:

    https://www.plug.org.au/members/

Please ignore the certificate warnings; we have not spent membership
funds on an SSL certificate at this stage - of course your traffic is
still encrypted end-to-end.

This area is linked to from the "/Resources/" section of the PLUG web
site. If you've fogotten your username, use the form at
http://www.plug.org.au/membership to get your details sent to you. If
you cannot remember your password, please email the Site Admins team via
the contact form on the web site (or email the PLUG committee) and it
can be reset.

Right now you can update your personal contact details here, and adjust
settings for email forwarding, enable shell access for your account
(disabled by default), and change your PLUG password. The email
forwarding and shell access are being worked on right now and will
hopefully be fixed soon (and we also hope to replace the Ethernet card
on Shameless soon as well and get shell access more reliable).

The Drupal-powered PLUG web site itself does not currently integrate to
the PLUG authentication; that's yet another job to work on! However if
you'd like to contribute content to the PLUG web site please email us
and we'll set you up with access.

  James

PS: Just found a message from *ten years ago *when we PLUG went to visit
IBM:
http://mail.plug.linux.org.au/pipermail/plug/2001-November/025139.html.
And look who organised it... and who presented!! Deja vu? Link in the
mail is dead; use
http://www.james.rcpt.to/gallery/2001/PLUG%20meeting%20at%20IBM/. I see
a pic of Harry Mc, Mark G, Tony B, Garry with beard, Nick B, Mark T,
Jason N, and Indulus....

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au