[plug] PLUG Meeting this Tuesday, starting 6:30pm sharp, at IBM West Perth

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Jun 9 23:23:08 WST 2011

Hello all,

A reminder that *this Tuesday the 14th of June* we're at *IBM in West
Perth* for a talk by Indulis Bernsteins on High Performance Computing at
IBM. I caught up with Indulis today - he's got info on a vast range of
all the gear you've heard of coming out of Big Blue - Watson, Blue
Genie, etc.

Due to popular demand, we're starting at *6:30pm sharp*.

The IBM building is located between Hay St and Murray St in West Perth,
just by the Freeway. There is street parking after 5pm on Murray Street
that I saw, and there are also two paid carparks near by. The Red cat
also goes past the building (Parliament stop, then walk back down the
hill a little). Access into the building is from Hay Street, over the
foot bridge, and then down the elevator to the 1st floor for the IBM
Reception (don't take the stairs outside).

We will be live video streaming this event (and trying to record as
well)! This will be the first time using the installation of Icecast on
our new server at http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/. We'll try and start
something broadcasting around 6:15pm or so, and we'll be on IRC as well
to take questions and comments from afar and relay them out. Please pass
info this around any friends who may be intrested but unable to attend.

  James

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au