[plug] IPv6 In Australia!

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:59:11 WST 2011

I've been using the sixxs tunnel broker service for some time now.
Given that the PoP I'm on is in London, you can understand that at
times it's very slow.
Today, I tried to setup an AARNet tunnel following the instructions
from (http://michael-wheeler.org/2009/03/24/australian-ipv6-tunnel-broker/).
Most importantly that the request subnet/tunnel page says it didn't
work when it does. The software is no longer called gw6c, its gogoc,
and you need to disable key checking.

Other than that, my network is all setup for IPv6 via AARNet now and
my average ping went from 700ms down to about 300ms for an australian
machine. (Still not as good as the 40ms over ipv4).

It was surprisingly easy to setup the subnet as well, compared to
sixxs. With sixxs I had to setup radvd myself. Gogoc gets the subnet
from the broker server automatically, and creates a radvd config that
radvd loads. Sweet!

Tim
--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia