[plug] Unable to install Debian 6.0.1 amd64 - no supporting mirrors

Thomas Sutton thsutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:30:07 WST 2011

On 10 June 2011 13:35, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am wondering whether anyone in WA has been able to install Debian
> 6.0.1 amd64 version.

I've installed three machines with debian-6.0.1a-amd64-netinst.iso
downloaded from iiNet's mirror in the last week (using their APT
mirror too). I had to burn physical media as it didn't want to work on
a USB HDD, but other than that it worked as expected.

> I have been trying with a firmware netinst iso (from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
> ), and, at the package manager setup stage, every mirror that I have
> tried within Australia, and a couple in the USA, return the error
> "mirror does not support version (squeeze)".
>
> Please advise.

I got this message a bunch of times. It turned out that every mirror I
tried didn't "support" the that version because I hadn't plugged the
Ethernet cable in. :-)

Are you sure your networking is up?

Cheers,

Thomas Sutton