[plug] Some information on the Nokia N950 (For anyone still excited about MeeGo)

Z. Cliffe Schreuders c.schreuders at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jun 23 18:30:46 WST 2011

The N9 has been announced:
http://swipe.nokia.com/

But unfortunately it is my understanding that the N950 (N9 with
keyboard) is not going to be released to the public, only given to
selected developers.

I like having the physical keyboard on the N900, and although the convex
screen of the N9 looks cool it may make screen protectors impractical.
Having said that, if my options for upgrade are N9 or android I will be
getting an N9! Love the GNU/Linux stack, as opposed to Java/Linux.

I am a big fan of (the idea of) MeeGo, and I hope this device will be
successful enough to encourage other manufacturers to release more MeeGo
devices.

Cliffe.