[plug] PLUG Quiz Night: Mon 28th March 7:30pm Moon & Six Pence

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:53:29 WST 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> So, first question: there are 5 people (humans) in the attached image. Can
> you name them all (their own names; I don't mean to give them new names like
> Tinky Wink, LaLa, Dipsy, Po...) and why they are well known (no points for
> the bloke in the blue shirt, but if you get that wrong you lose 10 points)?
> :)

Since nobody else has answered...

Alan Turing - Encryption (breaking Enigma), the Turing Test and Turing
Machine, committed suicide after persecuted for his sexual
preferences.

Grace Hopper - Early digital computing and compilers, COBOL, staying
in the US Navy for a very long time.

Linus Torvalds - Linux kernel.

Ada Lovelace - Known as the world's first computer programmer for
writing an algorithm for one of Babbage's machines.

Albert Einstein - Theoretical physics, particularly special and
general relativity.

I hope the quiz night moves faster than this!  :)

--
Virus found in this message.